Being an ice cream lover, I always preferred creamy options rather than sorbets. When I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance, I couldn’t imagine going for the last option.
But then, I stumbled upon this amazing recipe. Not only was it vegan and gluten and dairy free, but it was so creamy that I couldn’t believe it was made from bananas ONLY!
One-ingredient Banana Ice Cream Recipe
(Inspired by the kitchn.com)
I served the ice cream with Apple Turnover.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- Peel the bananas and cut them into coins.
- Put the bananas in an airtight container: A freezer-safe glass bowl or a freezer bag.
- Freeze the bananas for at least 2 hours.
- Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or blender.
- Keep blending until the bananas are creamy and have an ice cream texture. (If adding any mix-ins, like peanut butter or chocolate chips, this is the moment to do it.)
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until solid.